Thursday, May 21, 2015

Why is this working?

I'm down 44 pounds, and I don't know why.  I can have a good week, or I can have a bad week, but I still drop 2 pounds a week.

I am bored with my workout so I started Focus T25, which is a 25 minutes a day workout.  It is hard on your knees if you're on carpet (I am), so I put duct tape on the bottom of my shoes.  Not on the heels, only the front where I pivot.  It has helped immensely.  I love knowing I'll be done in 25 minutes.  I really hate working out.  At least with T25 I feel like I burn more calories than walking.  

One of the reasons I want to lose weight is so that I will be healthy enough to go scuba diving again.  Last May the buckle ends were a foot apart from each other. 

It buckles now!  I didn't expect it to!  I only wanted to see how many inches I needed to lose before it clicked.  I still need to lose a couple more inches before  I could use this BCD.  The Velcro wrap underneath touches, but doesn't overlap.  Give me 10 more pounds.  

I gave up potato chips.  I make soup for lunches now.  On Saturday I slave over a hot crockpot all day long (just kidding).  I made a shredded chicken, black bean, corn, kale, brown rice, salsa, cheese, and sour cream taco soup.  It's so spicy and good I don't notice the kale.  Kale isn't my favorite, but I know it's good for you.  Since I switched from sandwiches and chips to hearty soup- I don't get hungry anymore.  I also eat an ounce of nuts for a snack every day that keeps me full.  

I've been dragging lately.  I hope the kale gives me superpowers.

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting! I'm glad you've found something that works for you! :)

    ReplyDelete